Assignment: Application: Evaluating Budget Documents
An organizationâ€s operational budget is no more than next year’s action plan in financial terms. It should list major goals and objectives for the upcoming year, as outlined in an organizationâ€s strategic plan. The budget must identify which programs or services best achieve those goals and estimate all expenses necessary to deliver them. Budget documents should also include expectations for revenue. Despite the necessary elements involved in all operational budgets, these documents can vary in quality from organization to organization. Each year, the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) awards government organizations for the quality of their budget documents, using criteria established in its Distinguished Budget Presentation Award Program.
In this Assignment, you evaluate a budget document using the above criteria. Review the criteria for the GFOAâ€s Distinguished Budget Presentation Award Program in the Learning Resources for this week. Then, select a public organization and a specific budget document from the organization.
this is the question
read above and then follow the instructions it will be 6-8 pages double space
choose any organization to write about it like EPA or any other government organizations
Submit a 6- to 8-page double-spaced paper (not including the cover and reference pages) in which you do the following:
- Briefly describe the organization and the budget document you selected.
- Identify the specific type of budget document you selected.
- Evaluate the budget document using GFOA criteria.
- Explain whether or not the budget document serves the constituents and other stakeholders of the organization.
- Use from the library at least two scholarly sources that were published within the past five years to support your paper. Be sure to follow APA guidelines when citing your sources.
look these sources to have idea about the topic
Mikesell, J. L. (2018).
Fiscal administration: Analysis and applications for the public sector (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Wadsworth.
- Chapter 4, “Federal Budget Structures and Institutionsâ€ (pp. 154-207)
- Chapter 5, “State and Local Budgetsâ€ (pp. 214-251)
- Chapter 3, “Budget Methods and Practicesâ€ (pp. 106-142)
- Chapter 6, â€œBudget System Reforms: Trying to Make Better Choicesâ€ (pp. 257-305)
Government Finance Officers Association. (2014). Distinguished Budget Presentation Award Program (Budget Awards Program). Retrieved from
Mucha, M. J. (2012, Oct). Budgeting for outcomes: Key findings from GFOA Research. Government Finance Review, 47â€“49. Retrieved from
ese sources to have idea about the topic
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient”for a 15% Discount!”
We have Walden University and Capella University nursing practitioners!