Business Report Task 4
- A. Develop a formal business report (suggested length of 15–20 pages) using the attached “Business Report Template” by doing the following:
- Provide relevant information about the chosen organization, including eachof the following:
- history of the company
- detailed description of the product/service offerings
- target market
- number of employees
Note: You may provide a range rather than specific numbers
Note: You may provide a general region such as Midwest, Northeast, etc.
- a. Summarize the business challenge that you identified in part A of task 3.
Note: Your recommendations in this task should address the same business challenge you discussed in task 3.
- 2. Analyze threefunctional areas (g., leadership, human resources, marketing, production, finance, IT) that are either contributing to or are impacted by the business challenge.
- Discuss obstacles that have hindered organizational success.
- Develop recommendations to resolve the client’s business challenge while addressing eachof the three functional areas from part A2.
Note: The appropriate number of recommendations will be based on the client’s business challenge and may vary based on addressing each of the functional areas.
- Create an action plan to implement eachrecommendation from part A3 that includes the following:
- necessary processes to effectively implement recommendations
Note: This content may be presented as a detailed chart.
- Create a visual timeline (e.g., Gantt chart, spreadsheet) that includes the start and end dates, milestones, and resources for eachrecommended action or activity from part A4.
- Analyze the potential long-term financial return on investment the company may expect based on implementing your recommendations.
- Discuss the broader organizational returns (e.g., morale, productivity, culture) the company may expect based on implementing your recommendations.
- Provide a log of time spent with the client.
Note: This log should be a table/log of each meeting with your client, including a brief description of what occurred in each meeting. Submit the time log as a separate attachment in Taskstream.
- 9. Provide a reference list in APA format that includes threeacademic or business sources.
Note: References should be used to support recommendations and/or the long-term organizational benefits.
- Develop an executive summary (suggested length of 1 page) using the attached “Executive Summary Template” that highlights the salient points of the business report from part A.Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using outside sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For the MBA Capstone project, the 30% of cited sources includes the student’s own prior work. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.