Biotechnology is the use of a living thing or any part of a living thing to make a product or process that improves human life.
Genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
In an APA-formatted report, research the topic that you have chosen, and answer the following 5 questions:
Explain how the process you have chosen meets the definition of biotechnology.
Describe how the process is performed.
Explain the uses of the application.
Discuss at least 1 benefit, 1 drawback, and 1 risk of the process you have chosen.
Elaborate on an ethical concern of the application you have chosen, for example, if you chose in vitro fertilization you might discuss what to do with leftover embryos.
Use the following guidelines for your report:
Utilize at least 2 credible sources to support the arguments presented in the paper. Make sure you cite them appropriately within your paper, and list the references in APA format on your Reference page.
In accordance with APA formatting requirements, your paper should include an Abstract, Title, and Reference page; should be double-spaced; and should include a running head and page numbers. Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, not counting the Title page, Abstract, and Reference page.
This assignment will also be assessed using additional criteria provided here.
• Clarifies how the selected process meets the definition of biotechnology.
• Explains the uses or purposes of the selected biotechnology application
• Describes how the process is performed.
Benefit and Risk
• Evaluates the selected biotechnology application, giving at least 1 benefit, 1 drawback, and 1 risk of the process.
• Elaborates on an ethical concern of the selected biotechnology application (e.g., leftover embryos, DNA privacy, mandated vaccines).
• Organizes paper to address 5 aspects of the selected biotechnology application: in vitro fertilization, DNA profiling, vaccines, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), or gene therapy.• Uses clear topic sentences to state the focus of each section.• Uses facts and vocabulary relevant to the selected biotechnology application.
• Provides a 2 -3 page paper that is double-spaced, and includes a title page, abstract, reference page, running head, and page numbers. The title page and reference page are not counted in the length of 2 -3 pages for the paper.
• Utilizes credible information sources (a minimum of 2) that are clearly identified, properly cited, and referenced using APA Style.
Grammar & Mechanics
• Sentences are clear, well-articulated, and free from grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.