Identify a professional nursing organization and review their position on interprofessional practice to start thinking about how you want to respond. Review the following case study: Case Study: Ms. Tuckerno has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS). The patient receives care at an internal medicine clinic. Her internist is not in the office today and she is being treated by the nurse practitioner. The patient is on two medications for her MS, three different blood pressure medications, one medication for thyroid disease, one diabetic pill daily, insulin injections twice a day, she uses medical cannabis, and uses eye drops for glaucoma. Upon assessing the patient, the nurse practitioner (NP) decides her treatment plan should be adjusted. The NP discontinues some of the patient’s meds and discontinues medical cannabis. She orders the patient to follow up in two weeks. The patient returns and is seen by her internist. The internist speaks with the patient and reviews her medical chart. The internist states to the patient, “I am dissatisfied with the care you received from the nurse practitioner.” The internist places the patient back on originally prescribed medications and medical cannabis. Paper needs to include: Does not need a cover sheet and running head Post an explanation of your understanding of interprofessional practice. Also, explain the position on interprofessional practice for a professional nursing organization that you are a member of or of which you plan to become a member. Then, explain what you think is the best collaborative approach to manage Ms. Tuckerno’s care. (The nurse practitioner probably should have collaborated with the primary physician before changing all of her medications) .
Nursing Essay Help
Our writing services are extensive and unique that improve your grades. We have a team of best writers who cope up with our clients to deliver them customized tasks at affordable price range.
- What special problems do co-occurring disorders present to detention facility officials? Are co-occurring disorders classified in any particular way? Explain. What types of treatment methods are used to treat co-occurring disorders?
- Hypothesis testing in Research | nursingwritinghelp.org
- In depth case analysis ufo moviez- case attached below
- Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- write an article on data mart company information security policy Paper must be at least 5250 words.
Talk to Us
Talk to us through our live chat or email