Use Google Docs or Word for this assignment.
The Methods section of an APA research report tells the reader what you did, as a researcher, to get the data. The Results section tells what the data revealed.
The headings â€˜Methodsâ€™ and â€˜Resultsâ€™ should be in boldface, centered, and the subheadings â€˜Participantsâ€™ and â€˜Procedureâ€™ should be in boldface, left-aligned, just like below.
For the Participants sub-section, answer the questions below in one paragraph using complete sentences. Do not copy the questions themselves into the assignment. If you wish, answer several questions in one sentence. The Participants subsection will be one paragraph.
Who are the participants? Undergraduate students
From where were the participants sampled? A large, western U.S. university
What sampling process was used? Convenience sampling
How many men, women, and total individuals participated? 212 participants as follows: 160 women; 49 men; 2 nonbinary; 1 undisclosed
What were the range, mean, and standard deviation of the ages? Ages ranged from 18 to 29 years, M = 19.70, SD = 1.64 (Statistical notation is italicized, and numbers are rounded to two decimal places in APA format.)
What were the ethnicities? 90 Asian/Asian American, 51 Hispanic/Chicanx, 43 White/Caucasian, 21 Mixed, 5 Other, 2 Black/African American
For the Procedure sub-section, describe what the participants did, what measure was used, and the measureâ€™s validity and reliability in one paragraph.
– Participants completed an online version of the Revised Competitiveness Index (RCI) (Houston et al., 2002).
– The RCI is a 14-item survey that measures competitiveness in two factors: enjoyment of competition and contentiousness.
– Item responses were provided on a 5-point Likert-type scale that ranged from â€˜1: Strongly Disagreeâ€™ to â€˜5: Strongly Agreeâ€™.
– The RCI has construct validity (Houston et al., 2002) and demonstrated good test-retest reliability (r = .85) over an approximate 2.5â€“5-week time period (Harris & Houston, 2010).
Note that Houston et al. (2002) and Harris and Houston (2010) are articles that you have not cited yet. These two articles plus the five articles from the Introduction (and an additional four articles that youâ€™ll use in a later assignment) can be found in the article repository folder on Canvas in â€˜Assignmentsâ€™.
The sentences below are to be included in your Results section. This is the one time I will let you copy and paste, though youâ€™re free to rephrase the wording if you wish:
Independent-samples t tests revealed significantly higher enjoyment of competition for men, t(207) = 2.24, p = .03, no significant difference between the genders in contentiousness, t(207) = 1.75, p = .08, and significantly higher overall competitiveness for men, t(207) = 2.65, p = .01. Descriptive statistics are provided in Table 1.
The next step is to include a table in APA format. Below is an example of the correct format to help guide you, though it includes data that has nothing to do with our study:
– â€˜Table 1â€™ needs to be in bold
– The title of the table needs to be in italics
– Do not include any vertical borders
– The body of the table can be single or double spaced; anything outside the table, like the title, needs to be double spaced
– Statistical notation needs to be italicized
– A general layout below should help you get started:
Descriptive Statistics of Self-Reported Competitiveness
Women M(SD) Men M(SD) Nonbinary M(SD)
Enjoyment of Competition
The three tables below have the data you need to type into your APA table. Everything should be rounded to two decimal places.
Dependent Variable: Enjoyment of Competition
Dependent Variable: Contentiousness
Dependent Variable: Overall Competitiveness
Please write all in 12 pt font times new roman, double spaced.
I have attached a sample paper in the file uploads to give you an example of what the results and methods section should look like
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.