Directions: The following problems ask you to evaluate hypothetical situations and/or concepts related to the reading in this module. While there are no “correct answers” for these problems, you must demonstrate a strong understanding of the concepts and lessons from this module’s reading assignment. Please provide detailed and elaborate responses to the following problems. Your responses should include examples from the reading assignments and should utilize APA guidelines. Responses that fall short of the assigned minimum page length will not earn any points.
1. Think of a profession you are considering as a career: engineering, or perhaps law or accounting or teaching. Could you develop a distinctive set of virtues for that profession? That is, are there some virtues that would be particularly important for members of that profession? Your response should be at least one page in length.
2. An important distinction for virtue theorists is between people who are happy and people who are flourishing. Do you know anyone (a public figure or an acquaintance) whom you would count as happy but not flourishing? Your response should be at least one half of one page in length.
3. I have lived a dissolute life for many years: a life devoted to excessive eating, heavy drinking, laziness, deceitfulness, and pettiness. At age 45, I awaken one morning in the gutter, painfully sober after a three-day binge, and I resolve to change my ways and pursue virtue. In your opinion, how long would it make me to become a virtuous person? Could I become virtuous in an hour? A week? A month? Ever? Your response should be at least one page in length.
4. Suppose Dan is dying from an unknown disease. He is wealthy and will give half of his money to anyone who can save his life. Joe, not knowing about this arrangement, hates Dan and tries to kill him by poisoning him. Because it is unknown, Joe is unaware that the poison actually works as a cure for this particular disease. Dan drinks the poison and his life is saved. Should Dan pay Joe the money? Why or why not? Your response should be at least one page in length.
5. You have a choice between two doctors: one who has the best intentions for her patients, but whose abilities are only average, and another who has above average abilities but may not always have the best intentions when treating you. Which would you choose and why? How does your answer relate to virtue ethics? Your response should be at least one page in length.
6. Is a good doctor a virtuous doctor? Is a virtuous doctor a good doctor? Why or why not? Your response should be at least one half of one page in length.
7. Describe a situation in which taking a moderate position would lead to desirable results. Then, describe a situation in which taking a moderate position would lead to unwanted results. Please use an original example for each. Your response should be at least one page in length.
PART II: Essay
Provide an essay of one half to one page in length summarizing Gardiner’s article, which was assigned as supplemental reading his week.
PART III: Journal
Please describe what aspect of this week’s lesson you found most interesting and why. What effect, if any, did it have on your moral/ ethical outlook? Your response should be at least one half of one page in length.
Directions: Please provide detailed and elaborate responses to the following questions. Your responses should include examples from the reading assignments. Each response should be at least one half of one page in length and utilize APA format.
1. According to virtue ethicists, how are virtues acquired?
2. What is situationist psychology?
3. List and briefly describe one of the criticisms of virtue ethics.
4. What is “The Golden Mean?”
5. Why is virtue ethics particularly well-suited to the medical profession?
Nursing Essay Help
Our writing services are extensive and unique that improve your grades. We have a team of best writers who cope up with our clients to deliver them customized tasks at affordable price range.
Talk to Us
Talk to us through our live chat or email