PSY 843 Module 3 Assignment Summative and Formative Program Evaluation
The purpose in conducting program evaluations is to demonstrate benefits offered by programs. Program evaluations consist of either summative or formative types. Whereas summative evaluations assess a program’s operations and usefulness, formative evaluations explain the ways in which a program operates to improve the way in which it functions. In this assignment, you will write a paper in which you discuss the summative and formative types of evaluation and their appropriate applications to organizations.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the mission statement and program description from the existing organization that you used in the Module 2 assignment. Use these documents as examples for this assignment as well.
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) in which you discuss summative and formative types of program evaluation. Do the following in your paper:
- Provide a research-based description of the purposes, audience members, types of information, and data collection sources for which summative and formative program evaluations are best suited.
- Identify and defend the type of program evaluation that would best align with and assess the performance of the organization you referenced in the Module 2 assignment. Include specific examples from the organization’s mission statement and program description.
- Discuss the theory and process involved in developing the methodological strategies for implementing this evaluation.