Please choose any 10 of 15 questions listed below. You may use any academic sources. Please follow APA or ASA writing style format. Answer the following questions listed below. Responses need not be more than a few paragraphs; however, responses should be substantive and use academic sources and our textbook to answer not subjective opinion. Please include a work cited list.
Textbook: Social ProblemsAuthor: Kornblum& JulianPublisher: PearsonYear: 2012Edition: 14
ISBN-13: 978020522261 2
- Discuss the left- right continuum.
- Discuss two (2) major sociological theories and the significance of each.
- Discuss two (2) forms of research methods. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Include commentary on ethics.
- Discuss poverty and homelessness in sociological terms.
- Discuss the natural history approach to social problems.
- Discuss the issues of health disparities in terms of race ethnicity.
- Discuss the issues of obesity in the U.S.
- Discuss mental illness in terms of labeling theory.
- Discuss the drift-hypothesis.
- Discuss “deinstitutionalization” and homelessness.
- Discuss the relationship between drugs use and HIV/AIDS infection rates. Include a discussion on race/ethnicity and gender.
- Discuss the war on drugs in sociological terms.
- Discus s racial profiling in terms of criminal justice and immigration policy.
- Discuss hate crimes.
- Discuss the industrial prison complex in sociological terms.