Work detailsAttached filesWork results Type of paper Critical Thinking Subject Management Number of pages 2 Format of citation APA Number of cited resources 3 Type of service Writing from scratch Instructions will be uploaded later.
Course: Advanced Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
The Assignment is to conduct a comprehensive functional behavior assessment of the target behavior, nail biting. Specifically, you need to provide an analysis of the following information:
- What methods did you use to gather information via indirect and descriptive assessment (e.g., interviews, observations, ABC assessments, checklists, etc.)?
- What were the results of your assessments? What is the hypothesized function of behavior? What other possible functions might also be plausible?
- What are the primary factors that influence the presence or absence of the targeted behavior?
- How could you set up a functional analysis to test your hypotheses?
- Considering what you have learned about initiating or increasing a desired behavior, develop an intervention that will hopefully result in a desirable change in the behavior.
The paper should:
– Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
– Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual , 6th ed.
– Be between 5- to 8-pages long, 12 pt. font, double spaced.
– Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
– Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free.
– Provides a detailed summary of the findings of a completed functional assessment of the target behavior. Discussion includes methods used to gather information and basic results of the information gathered (e.g., issues related to time of day, people involved, locations, medication factors, etc.) that may influence the presence or absence of the target behavior.
– Specifically discusses at least one hypothesized function the behavior may serve. Evaluates thoroughly the viability of each function identified.
– Provides a summary of how one would create a functional analysis to test the hypothesized functions.
– While referencing accepted techniques for increasing or decreasing a target behavior, the student develops an appropriate intervention for the specified target behavior and provides a sound rationale for the intervention.
– Style and Mechanics: Clear and logical organization; paragraphs and sentences are well developed. Uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Meets length requirements.
– APA Style: Formatted correctly using APA style. Provides references to support conclusions. Paraphrased correctly and accurately; direct quotes used minimally